I’ve thought a lot about the past year and what effect dancing everyday has had on me. I’ve made loads of new friends, I had a lot of fun, I stretched myself creatively and I can now say that I followed through and completed an enormous task. Though the year of daily dances are done, the commitment and the mission of The Freebox live on.
Times are tough everywhere and between moving to a new city, obsessing over this project and Mark’s magazine clients starting to fold….we have to take some drastic action, so I got a job as a hostess in a restaurant yesterday. It pays a fraction of what I would make teaching dance or using my other professional skills as an actor, choreographer and voiceover talent, but it’s regular work, the manager seems genuinely excited to have me there – and heck, maybe I’ll get the patrons dancing to their tables.
I’m telling you all that as a preamble to say that I’ll share with you my dream of how I’d like to see this project develop with the caveat that it’s only a dream until some resources and external support help me manifest the vision.
Dream -The Freebox is a movement (literally) that gives people the permission and freedom to dance -no matter how well or how badly, whether there is music or not, and in any location that inspires them; alone, with strangers and with friends.
Mission: Get people to Sit Less, Dance More – make “everyday dancing” a cultural norm.
Vision: Create fun public dance events, make fun, entertaining, high production value videos. Expand Thefreebox.org content to include videos from other Everyday dancers. Partner with a TV show or corporation that sees the cultural, creative and health benefits of The Freebox to provide content for their program and/or outreach programs.
Purpose: To make the world a happier place. To place a high value on dance as a form of community building and self expression. To encourage people to sit less and dance more.
In order to do turn the dream into a reality, I am looking to partner with people who:
- Want to provide content (video or written posts) to this site about their everyday dance experiences.
- Want to collaborate with me on producing public dance events
- Have technological skills (mainly video production and web design) and want to partner in the mission of The Freebox.
Some people are in a position to really help me in this mission:
- Do you work at a company that could use a Freebox dance event to promote its brand?
- If you work in the advertising industry – do you have a client that could use Dance as part of a commercial campaign or to promote fun brand outreach events?
- Do you work for a television show or a major website that would like to have a regular dance segment?
If you feel you have any interest in participating – leave a comment or shoot me an email Mary(at)thefreebox.org
Merry Christmas everyone! Today we had an open Freebox dance and quite a few of my dance friends came out to play…we had a great time. This one goes out to Mari Holbrooke because she requested that I dance to this song. Our group this morning was in fine form and we played a lot of fun games, which I will post video of under a new section soon. Hopefully you will enjoy watching this at least half as much as we enjoyed doing it.
Freebox your Inbox
- Learning shouldn't stop in the classroom. RT if you agree and Let's Change the Face of Education Forever. #Teach2013! udemy.com/teach2013 5 months ago
- pinterest.com/pin/1223009461… Dr. Eve Agee - Spirituality and FeminineEnergy Principles 05/24 by Journey To Success | Blog Talk Radio 5 months ago
- Women who will change the world - or at least my world thefreebox.tv/freeboxtv/2013… 5 months ago
Take the Everyday Dance Friendly Challenge…
If more people danced everyday, the world would be a much happier place!
This is my friendly challenge to you to literally join the movement.
It's as simple as 1,2,3.
1. Watch one of my videos (or play a song)
2. Dance with me
3. Tomorrow, do it again.
Remember - it doesn't matter how you look or how you dance. Just move.
One song, once a day. Dance, then leave a brief comment here or on our Facebook page so we can support you and cheer you on. If you feel inspired, make a video and share it too!
I guarantee it'll change your life for the better.
We can do it. Together, we can make the world a happier place. Sharing is Caring so pass this on to your friends!
Everybody dance now!
- the Freebox Experience
- Everyday Dance Project
- FBX Life Coaching
- Map of Favorites
- National Dance Day – July 31
- Soul Motion
- There’s Something About Mary
- Tracy’s Dance-a-long Playlist